[CnD] Boiling eggs

Kathy Brandt katya20707 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 17:56:37 EDT 2018

Interesting tip about turning the eggs over the night before.

I use a very thin non-serrated knife to cut the egg lengthwise. You have to know exactly how to center the knife, and once started, I believe I push down in one go, rather than to go back-and-forth, and then gently pull the Habs from either side of the knife, then lift it out. Before I’ve started, there is extra blade sticking out from each end of the egg, and you work gently to get the yoke out. The yoke is going to be mashed anyway, so it doesn’t matter how it comes out, as long as the whites are unmarred, and don’t have a hole in the bottom or something. After I have mixed my yolk mixture, I use my Tupperware melon Baller to fill the whites, using the smaller ball part. From my last event that I took eggs too, since I don’t have egg trays, and I wanted these to be presentable, I put each deviled egg half in an aluminum foil baking cup, so that it could be lifted off of the plate, and covered with a tent of aluminum foil. After working with each egg I wiped my fingers so that the outsides of the white wouldn’t get messed up before putting in the cups.

It’s not like I am immune, but I have seen at least one person just give up doing various things figuring what cited reaction is going to be. I won’t let it rule my life. A friend of mine was so sensitive she wouldn’t make bread in her bread maker anymore because of how her husband said the loaf came out looking like a mushroom; it’s so sad to see a spirit crushed like this.