[CnD] Sugar's TnT ROOT BEER FLOAT CAKE with Root beer Icing

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 29 11:55:41 EDT 2018

Hi, I made this cake for a church event 2 weeks ago.

It was a hit!

Sugar's TnT ROOT BEER FLOAT CAKE with Root beer Icing

If you plan to make this a double layered cake, you will need to make 2
cakes.

You will have to bake the cakes separately for best results.

You will also have to make an extra batch of Icing.

What You Will Need:

1 box yellow cake mix with pudding in mix (18.25 oz.)

1 box vanilla instant Jell-O pudding mix (5.1 oz.)

1 1/4 cups root beer

1/2 cup vegetable oil

4 large eggs

1 Tea Spoon Root Beer Extract if you can find it. (optional)

Dad's Root beer Candy (any root beer candy will work. I like Dad's or A&W
best)

root beer glaze

Instructions at the bottom

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Grease, flour or spray Pam a 9 by 13 cake dish or a 10" fluted cake pan.

(I like to use my 9 by 13 cake pan and I like to use butter flavor Pam)

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and root beer
extract if desired.

Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.

Spoon batter into prepared pan.

bake 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Let cool in pan 10 minutes.

Remove from pan, let cool completely on a wire rack.

Spoon glaze over cooled cake.

ROOT BEER GLAZE:

2 cups powdered sugar

(1 Box)

3 Table spoon root beer.

Use as much soda as you need untill you find the right texture you like.

Make sure it's not too thick or too thin.

In a small bowl, combine sugar, root beer, whisking until

smooth.

Sugar's notes:

Take your root beer candy and crush enough for your icing and filling if
desired.

Simply add crush candy pieces in to your icing and spread carefully
in-between cakes if you are making a double layer cake.

With left over icing, ice the entire cake.

Enjoy

Sugar

'Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right, it makes you free.

People will forget what you said...

People will forget what you did....

But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.'

Please consider in supporting me for a 2nd chance of life at:

-Hugs, Sugar