[CnD] Old Fashioned sugar Cookies - My Go To Recipe

Food Dude cookinginthedark at att.net
Fri Oct 12 12:08:23 EDT 2018

Howdy Folks,

I just tossed together another batch of this cookie bough!

It makes great sugar cookies and it is so easy!

I will bake a couple of sheets of these...and then roll the rest of the
dough into balls and freeze them for another day.

I try to freeze them in sixes...half a dozen.

It makes it so easy to bake  a quick batch of cookies...
Pull a bag out of the freezer, let thaw, roll in sugar and bake!
I even make cookies for dessert...it is a fun surprise!
Plus, by rolling the cookies before you bake them in sugar, you can
choose different sugar colors for different occasions!
Enjoy!

Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon zest(optional)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar  (a must)
1 tsp salt
4 and ½ cups flour
½ cup white sugar in a small bowl for later

Directions:

      Melt butter, add sugars and mix,
let cool to room temp and mix eggs, one at a time.
Than add the vanilla, zest, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt, and
mix well.  Add flour in increments, mixing as you go with each amount.
      Chill dough at least one hour.  When ready to bake,
preheat oven to 325 degrees and place rack in middle of oven.
      Make walnut sized balls (I use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop)
roll in sugar( add colored sugars for seasonal flare).
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 F.

Place 12 on greased cookie sheet and flatten.
      Bake at 325 F for 10 to 15 minutes so they are golden on top
Cool on sheet 2 minutes before placing on wire grid to finish cooling.

I hope y'all love them! I do!

Keep on Cooking y'all!
Dale Campbell
Home Cook & Host Cooking In The Dark