[CnD] Aunt Eileen's Banana Bread Recipe.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Oct 12 17:18:42 EDT 2018

Aunt Eileen's Banana Bread

I experimented in making this banana bread, trying to make it a little healthier. I started by using only pure organic maple syrup instead of simple white or brown sugars. I also threw in a cup of old fashioned oats and more whole wheat flour than simple white flour. In reality I don’t know if this is exactly, umh, healthy, but it contains what I consider healthier ingredients and the end result tastes pretty good or at least that’s what the feedback has been from my testers.

Note:

I baked my batch in 1 large ceramic baking dish. If using metal of some sort or multiple, smaller pans, you might have to play with baking temp & time.

This makes a really large loaf.

You will need: 1 rectangular baking dish approx. 12” X 8”.

 Ingredients:

3 large Yellow bananas, ripe.

1 Cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats (uncooked).

1 Cup All-purpose (white) Flour.

2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour.

3 Large Eggs (beaten).

2 Sticks Unsalted Butter (softened).

1 Cup Organic Pure Maple Syrup, Non-GMO.

1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract.

1 Tsp Baking Powder.

1 Tsp Baking Soda.

½ Tsp Salt.

Notes Before making:

1.  Bananas should be good & ripe, not rotting – makes mashing down easier.

2. Leave eggs and butter out so they are at room temperature. Butter should be left out long enough to easily cream with a fork.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease baking dish and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, Mash down the 3 bananas with a fork and cream in the 2 sticks of butter. Add vanilla & eggs stirring well. Add in the oats again mixing in well. Add the all-purpose & whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Mix all ingredients. Finally add in 1 cup of the maple syrup and mix it all together well.

Pour into baking dish. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool  thoroughly.