[CnD] BREAKFAST PIE

Marilyn Pennington m51pennington at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:48:31 EDT 2018

BREAKFAST PIE

1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. chopped onions
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 c. milk
1 c. shredded Swiss or Cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Defrost potatoes and drain well. Add beaten egg and salt. Mix and press into
10-inch pie plate to form "potato shell"; set aside. Sauté onions in butter
until tender. Sprinkle bottom of potato shell with flour and add onions. Mix
next five ingredients; pour into shell.

Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F and continue baking for
25 minutes or until a table knife inserted comes out clean.

I will try this, but I will, for sure, add some cooked bacon, ham or
sausage.  Enjoy.