[CnD] CP Honey Mustart Chicken

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 15 18:45:37 EDT 2018

CP Honey Mustart Chicken

Hello there, Slow Cookerers!!

Today's recipe is a great candidate for a "Slow Cooker TV Dinner" ---

AKA, a Freezer Meal.

To do so, simply load everything into a plastic zippered bag and freeze.

Thaw overnight in the fridge, then dump into your crockpot in the morning.
Easy Peasy!

This is a super quick to assemble recipe -- no chopping needed and if you
use a "whole mess" (technical term) of chicken thighs you can have enough
leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day.

The Ingredients.

serves 6

3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup prepared dijon mustard

I like useing the brown spicey for a kick

1/4 cup orange juice (bottled or fresh, your choice)

2 tablespoons soy sauce (we are gluten free so I use La Choy)

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker.

Place the chicken into the bottom of your pot.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.

Pour evenly over the top. It will look like there isn't enough liquid. There
is.

Trust me!!

Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for about 5 hours.

Before serving, flip each piece of chicken over (use tongs!) to let the
sauce soak in the other side -- I let it sit for about 15 minutes,

unplugged, and then served to the family.

The sauce will be thin. If you'd like to thicken it up, remove the chicken
from the pot, then whisk in a cornstarch slurry.

To make a cornstarch slurry: in a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon
cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Once it's lump-free, stir that
into your crockpot to thicken the sauce.

OR, simmer on the stove, or in the Ninja until the sauce has
thickened/reduced naturally.

I ladled a big scoop of sauce over the top of everything (I did not reduce
or thicken the sauce, and thought it was fine so that's up to you!)

enjoy!!

happy slow cooking!

thank you!!

Stephanie O'Dea

'Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right, it makes you free.

People will forget what you said...

People will forget what you did....

But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.'

Please consider in supporting me for a 2nd chance of life at:

-Hugs, Sugar