[CnD] Spooky Shepherd's Pie Recipe
m51pennington at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:44:57 EDT 2018
Spooky Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Prep: 30 min
* Total55 min
* Servings, six.
1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
* 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
* 1bag, (12 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
* 1 can, (14.5 oz) Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes with Italian
* 1 jar, (12 oz) beef gravy
* 1 3/4cups water
* 2tablespoons margarine or butter
* 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2cup milk
* 2 1/4cups instant mashed potatoes
* 1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 egg, slightly beaten
* 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray;
heat over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion; cook until beef is
thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
* 2. Set aside 12 peas for garnish. Add remaining frozen vegetables,
tomatoes and gravy; mix well. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low;
cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender,
* 3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat water, margarine and garlic
powder to boiling. Remove from heat; add milk. Stir in potato flakes and
cheese. Add egg; blend well.
* 4. Into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) or oval (2 1/2-quart)
glass baking dish, spoon beef mixture. With large spoon, make 6 mounds of
potato mixture on top of beef mixture to resemble ghosts. Place 2 reserved
peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
* 5. Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set
and mixture is thoroughly heated.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
© 2018 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
More information about the Cookinginthedark