[CnD] CP Southwestern Hash Brown Bake

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 15:44:30 EDT 2018

CP Southwestern Hash Brown Bake

Hi Slow Cookerers!

I hope your week is off to a nice start.

I have got a fantastic breakfast recipe for you today.

Most people don't think of the crockpot when they think of breakfast,

but I've never been most people.

:-)

You know that awesome feeling you get when you walk in the door at the end
of a long day to a fully cooked dinner?

This is that same feeling. But in the morning.

Southwestern Hash Brown Bake

serves 8

1 (30-ounce) bag frozen hashbrown potatoes

6 eggs

4 large chicken or turkey sausages (like the Aidell's brand), diced

1 1/2 cups milk

1 (10-ounce) can Rotel

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese

for serving: salsa, sliced avocado, sour cream

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray.

Put the frozen hashbrowns into your cooker. In a large mixing bowl, whisk
together the eggs, diced sausage, milk,

otel, salt, pepper, and cheese.

Pour this mixture evenly over the top of the potatoes.

Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or on high for about 3 1/2. If desired,
top with salsa, sour cream, and sliced avocado.

I like spicy sausage and pick one with jalapeños, but the kids prefer it
when I use chicken and apple sausage.

It's your choice -- but you can always "spice it up" with some Tabasco sauce
at the table.

Sometimes readers write to me and say

that the smell of the food in the kitchen cooking overnight wakes them up.

If that happens to you, remember that you can cook anywhere there is

an outlet and a safe and sturdy countertop (or the floor!) and shut the
door.

Enjoy!

have a wonderful day and happy slow cooking!!

steph

'Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right, it makes you free.

People will forget what you said...

People will forget what you did....

But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.'

Please consider in supporting me for a 2nd chance of life at:

-Hugs, Sugar