[CnD] Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole Recipe - Tablespoon.com
m51pennington at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:06:19 EDT 2018
Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole Recipe - Tablespoon.com
* Prep 20 min
* Total1 hr 15 min
* Servings, twelve.
Skip your Saturday morning bakery run and make this casserole-style apple
fritter breakfast in the comfort of your own home. Pajamas? Optional. Extra
glaze? Not optional.
1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
3/4cup packed brown sugar
1tablespoon Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cans, (8 oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
3/4cup butter, melted
1/2cup powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with
* . In large bowl, mix apple, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, the flour and 1/2
teaspoon of the cinnamon; stir well. Unroll 1 can of dough; sprinkle with 2
tablespoons of the brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon, pressing
lightly into dough. Cut dough into 1-inch squares (8 rows by 12 rows), and
transfer to bowl with apples. Repeat with remaining dough, 2 tablespoons
brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Carefully stir apples and dough until
coated, separating any clumps of dough. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
* 3. Pour melted butter over casserole. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until
dough is thoroughly baked and top is deeply browned. Cool 10 minutes.
* 4. In 1-cup glass measuring cup, stir together powdered sugar and milk;
drizzle over top.
* Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough sheets can be used instead of
* Substitute a Braeburn or Rome apple for the Granny Smith apple.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0
Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
© 2018 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
More information about the Cookinginthedark