[CnD] Slow Cooker Dump Cake

Sugar sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 8 16:05:03 EST 2018

Slow Cooker Dump Cake

November 8, 2018

Happy Friday Eve, Slow Cookerers!

This is an awesome dessert to have in your slow cooker arsenal.

Maybe Dump Cake isn't the best term to use --- it sort of sounds icky, but I
promise that the end result is magically delicious.

I've wanted to post a "dump cake" recipe for a while --- but was a little
worried about how it would look.

I mean, I'm supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL and all --- and don't
professionals keep under wraps that they shoo the kids out of the kitchen so
they can lick pie filling off the lid of the can with no one watching?

You'll love this customizeable recipe.

If you don't care for canned cherry filling or chocolate cake, use apple pie
filling or even canned peach slices in syrup with a yellow cake mix.

Although I have not tried it myself yet, I've had readers say they have used
canned pumpkin pie filling and a spice cake  mix, which sounds absolutely
delicious!!

Slow Cooker Dump Cake

serves 6 to 8

2 (21-ounce) cans pie filling

1 (15-ounce) box cake mix (we are gluten free, so that's what I use.)

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted (my butter is salted; it really doesn't
matter)

1 tablespoon water

The Directions

Use a 4-quart slow cooker sprayed well with cooking spray. If you have a
6-quart and that's it, reduce cooking time by about a 1/3.

Dump out the pie filling into the bottom of your prepared slow cooker.
(don't forget to lick the cans! that stuff is GOOD.) (PS: don't cut your
tongue.)

In a large mixing bowl, mix together together the cake mix, melted butter,
and water.

You're going to have a crumbly cake mix, but what you're really trying to do
is to "wet" all of the powder.

(go ahead and eat a few spoonfuls of the mix. there's no eggs, and again,
that stuff is GOOD.)

Pour this evenly over the top of the canned filling.

Cover, and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours, or on low for about 4 to 5 hours.

Uncover, and continue to cook on high for another 30 minutes or so to
release condensation.

Your cake is finished when the dough is set, and you can poke at it with
your finger and not get a bunch of goop (technical term) on it.

The filling will bubble up and be intertwined with the cake mix. Spoon into
bowls and eat warm or at room temperature.

Enjoy!

Steph

The Verdict

Holy crazy mama, this is Uh.Maze.Ing.  it's SUPER DUPER hot when right out
of the crock--- be careful!

I hope you enjoy yourday! Happy Slow Cooking!!

'Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right, it makes you free.

People will forget what you said...

People will forget what you did....

But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.'

Please consider in supporting me for a 2nd chance of life at:

-Hugs, Sugar