[CnD] Homemade Gingerbread Late in the CP

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 4 14:37:14 EST 2018

Homemade Gingerbread Late in the CP

Happy Tuesday, Slow Cookerers!

It's crazy super bitter cold here today.

And by bitter cold I mean 46 degrees because I'm a wussy Californian.

;-)

How will I heat myself up?

I'm so glad you asked! I will make a batch of Gingerbread latte --- HEAVILY
caffeinated for myself, but I'll make it without the caffeine for the kids.

This is easy to make and is a fun Sunday morning or chilly afternoon hot
beverage.

You probably already have EVERYTHING in the house for this, which really
means it's a win-win.

and you should tip yourself $4.25!

:-)

Homemade Gingerbread Latte

(serves approx 4

4 cups milk (cow's, almond, soy, rice, hemp, etc. is just fine.)

*Sugars note- I use 30 calories, no sugar added almond milk

1/2 cup white sugar (I like Baker's sugar because it dissolves nicely)

*Sugars note-I use extivia to taste

2 teaspoons ground ginger

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

cinnamon stick,

whipped cream for garnish (optional)

1/2 cup strong black coffee, or a freshly-brewed shot of espresso

The Directions.

I used a 4 quart crockpot, you could get away with going as small as a 1.5
to 2 quart.

Put the milk into your crockpot, and whisk in the dried spices. Don't add
the coffee.

Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or high for 1-2. The milk should be quite
hot, but if your crockpot tends to get hot enough to boil, keep an eye on
it. Don't let the milk boil.

Pour over hot coffee or espresso.

Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick.

The Verdict.

These are wonderful. Very, very tasty. The kids each had a cup of the warm
milk mixture with whipped cream and were delighted.

Adam didn't get to try any, but I did save my mug for him to smell.

I'm thoughtful that way.

ENJOY!!

Happy Slow Cooking! stay warm and cozy!

steph

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content."

- Philippines 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar