[CnD] instant pot recipes

Jeffry Miller gruster66 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 20:49:02 EST 2018

I hav never made this one, but I Hope it is ok to send this, but i sent
it to Gail, and figured others may want it.

instant pot bacon barbecue meatloaf with mashed potatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
  Cook Time: 20
  Yield: 4 servings
  Method: Instant Pot
DESCRIPTION
The best flavored meatloaf ever is cooked at the same time and in the
same pressure cooker as your mashed potatoes. Add a tossed salad and you
have a complete
meal ready to go in just a few minutes.
INGREDIENTS
list of 17 items
10-12 small to medium yellow yukon gold potatoes
1 bay leaf
1 tsp kosher salt
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 cups water
1 lb lean ground beef*
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
list end

INSTRUCTIONS
list of 7 items
1Wash the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Place them in the bottom
of the Instant Pot. Add in the bay leaf,  1 tsp kosher salt  and garlic
cloves.
Pour in the water. Place the trivet on top of the potatoes with the
handles facing up.
2In a bowl combine the beef, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, egg,
1/2 tsp kosher salt, black pepper, bread crumbs, bbq sauce and bacon.
Use your clean
or gloved hands to mix thoroughly.
3On the top of a piece of non-stick foil form the meat mixture into a
oblong shape that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Carefully transfer
the foil and
the meatloaf on top of the trivet.
4Cover and secure the lid and press the manual button. Set the timer for
20 minutes on high pressure. The valve should be set to sealing. When
the timer
goes off do a quick release by moving the valved to venting.
5Open the lid and lift the foil and place on a pan. Baste the top of the
meatloaf with bbq sauce and place under the broiler in your oven for 2
minutes.
6Remove the trivet. Discard the bay leaf. Drain all the water out of the
pot. Add in the butter, sour cream and milk. Mash the potatoes with a
potato masher.
Salt and pepper to taste.
7Slice the meatloaf and serve with the potatoes.
list end

NOTES

i*I made this once with beef and once with ground turkey. I definitely
like the beef better but the ground turkey was also good.