[CnD] CP Perfect Turkey Breast

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 8 17:28:59 EST 2018

CP Perfect Turkey Breast

This is my absolute favorite way to cook a turkey breast. When oven roasted,
turkey breast can become a bit dry and tough.

This just isn't possible in the crockpot, since all of the juices remain in
the pot -- they don't cook away or evaporate.

I cook my turkey in butter and wine, and make this recipe every few months.
Who says you can only eat turkey on Thanksgiving, anyway?

The Ingredients.

serves 4-6

4 to 6 pound turkey breast (bone-in or out. your choice)

2 cups cheap white wine (you can use broth or apple juice instead, if you'd
like)

1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)

1 onion

salt and pepper

The Directions.

I used a 6 quart crockpot and a 4 1/2 pound turkey breast. I easily could
have fit in some legs or a larger breast piece.

I know that it's suggested to not cook with any wine that you wouldn't
drink, but it's okay because I drink cheap wine.

Unwrap the turkey and pat it dry with paper towels. If desired, cut off the
skin with poultry shears, and discard.

Salt and pepper the breast liberally.

or use a salt sub as no MSE, No Glutin Ms. Dash seasonings.

Plop it, rib cage up into the crockpot. Wash your hands well.

Cut up an onion coarsely and push some pieces down next to the turkey and
put a few in the rib cavity. Add the stick of butter.

Pour the wine over the top.

Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6. Use a meat
thermometer to test doneness--it should register at 170°.

Remove from crockpot, and let sit for about 20 minutes before carving. The
meat will be much more tender than if cooked in an oven.

The Verdict.

This is good turkey. It's moist and juicy, even though there isn't any brown
meat. If you'd like, you can certainly throw in some turkey legs along with
the breast.

The rule of thumb is usually 1 pound of turkey per person.

Stephanie O'Dea

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar