[CnD] Christmas Peppermint Cheesecake
moonrocks at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 10 12:44:19 EST 2018
Christmas Peppermint Cheesecake
List of 11 items
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup melted butter plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup coarsely crushed candy canes
Whipped cream, chocolate leaves, coarsely chopped candy canes
List of 5 items
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Blend graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter in
bottom of ungreased 8-inch springform pan; press mixture evenly over bottom.
3. In blender or food processor, blend sour cream, remaining 1/2 cup sugar,
eggs, flour and vanilla extract until smooth. Add cream cheese and blend;
then, blend in 2 tablespoons remaining melted butter until completely
smooth. Stir in crushed candy canes, and then pour mixture over crust in
pan. Bake in lower third of oven for 45 minutes.
4. Remove allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably
5. The chocolate leaves will form the petals of a poinsettia flower, with
the crushed candy canes in the very center.
More information about the Cookinginthedark