[CnD] Slow cooker taco soup

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 14 22:34:37 EST 2018

Slow cooker taco soup

I have created more than 2000 slow cooker recipes in the past seven years.

I have written five cookbooks, been featured in huge magazines like Real
Simple, Parents, Parade, Country Living, and am a contributing editor to
Simply Gluten Free magazine.

I've been on national and local TV dozens of times, and have done cooking
demonstrations at Disneyland.

But the recipe that gets the most compliments and the most recipe requests
is my Original Taco Soup.

and it's so easy, my kids can make it all by themselves.

The Ingredients.

serves 8 (or up to 16 if put over rice)

there are a lot of cans.

recycle.

make the environment happy.

1 pound browned ground turkey or hamburger (optional)

2(15-ounce) cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed

2 (15-ounce) cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed

2 (15-ounce) cans of corn (WITH juice!!)

1 large can (26-ounces) of diced tomatoes

1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes and chiles (Rotel)

1 packet taco seasoning

1 packet ranch dressing mix

--shredded cheese and sour cream for embellishment

(optional, unless you're in my house. then it's mandatory.)

The Directions

Use the largest slow cooker you have in the house --- this is a BIG recipe,
you need a 6-quart or above.

--brown meat if you are going to use it

--drain fat and add to crockpot stoneware insert (the meat. not the fat.)

--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat

--drain and rinse the beans and add

--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans--stir.

cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.

I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt
for cooking on low.

Stir well, and serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour
cream.

The consistency of this soup is more chili than soup-like, but I've always
called it Taco Soup.

If you'd prefer to call it Taco Chili, I'm okay with it!

Stephanie O'Dea

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar