[CnD] Easy Browned Butter Snickerdoodles
m51pennington at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:40:54 EST 2018
Easy Browned Butter Snickerdoodles
* Prep 25 min
* Total1 hr 20 min
* Servings, thirty-six.
Our latest twist on classic snickerdoodle cookies includes nutty browned
butter and a roll in a sugar mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
1 pouch, (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4teaspoon ground ginger
1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
Hide Images1. Heat oven to 375°F.
* 2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes,
stirring frequently, until light golden brown. Pour into large bowl; cool 5
* 3. Stir cookie mix and egg into browned butter with spoon until soft
dough forms. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. In small bowl, mix sugar,
cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Roll balls in sugar-spice mixture. Place 2
inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets, flatten slightly.
* 4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie
sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Store covered at
* If using 21-oz pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix, use 1/2 cup
butter, 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; shape into 42 balls. Makes 42 cookies.
* Beurre noisette is the French term for browned butter, referring
to butter that becomes light hazelnut in color during cooking. The
wonderful, unforgettable, one-of-kind flavor has no equal or substitution.
* When browning butter, be sure to watch it carefully, as butter can
brown and then burn quickly.
* For even baking, make sure cookies are the same shape and size.
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0
Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;
© 2018 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
More information about the Cookinginthedark