[CnD] need recipe for no-bake fruit cake

Wendy wdywms327 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:10:12 EST 2018

Is this what you are looking for, the second recipe?
Hi, Everyone.
We're talking fruitcakes on the Blindrecipeexchange group. These might be the recipes Deb B. is looking for. Thought I'd post them here in case anyone else is interested.

More Later,
Dani

INDIVIDUAL FRUIT CAKES

1 can Eagle Brand milk
3/4 c. plain flour
1 egg
1 c. brandied mincemeat
1 1/2 c. nuts (pecans are best)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. candied mixed fruit

Flour fruit. Mix all other ingredients with fruit until well blended.
Drop by spoonful in the tiny cupcake cups about 1/2 full. Bake 18 to
20 minutes at
325 degrees. Peel cups away from cakes immediately and dip in glaze while still hot.

GLAZE:

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. orange juice
2 tbsp. sherry (optional)

Dissolve sugar in orange juice. Heat on slow heat, but do not boil.
Dip each cake in glaze and place on waxed paper or in new crinkle cups. Store in airtight containers.  Enjoy.

****************

A NO BAKE ICEBOX FRUIT CAKE RECIPE

This will make around five big loaves, perfect for sharing!
Yeah, this is a double recipe, the one my mom made each year, and that I now make.

Ingredients
2 bags mini marshmallows
1 lb candied red cherries
1 lb candied green cherries
1 lb walnuts, chopped
  1 lb pecans, chopped
1 lb white raisins
2 boxes honey graham crackers
2 boxes Nilla wafers
6 cans Eagle Brand condensed (sweetened) milk (NOT EVAPORATED)

Procedure

Cut all cherries in half. Put 'em in the biggest bowl you can find.
You can cut the marshmallows in half, but I don't. Pour all nuts into the bowl, and the raisins too. Using a food processor, process all the crackers and wafers till you've got fine crumbs. Reserve about a cup and a half of each type of crumbs for coating the loaves. Put the remaining crumbs into the big bowl, and top with all the condensed milk. Here's the fun part - mix it ALL together with your hands until well combined. Form into loaves and coat with the left over crumbs.
Wrap in waxed or parchment paper, and then wrap in aluminum foil. Keep in your freezer, or put the one you're gonna eat first into the refrigerator.  Enjoy.