[CnD] Rice Pudding

basilleaf2013 at gmail.com basilleaf2013 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 16:40:40 EST 2019

I just made a batch yesterday. This is Jada De Laurentis’s recipe

Rice pudding

5 Cups whole milk, not optional

1/3 cup sugar

2/3 Cup Arborio rice, you must use  Arborio rice also known as Rizotto rice

2 teaspoons vanilla

Nutmeg to taste

In a large pot, put all ingredients except the vanilla and nutmeg.  Bring to
a boil on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar completely. Reduce heat to
simmer and cook until rice is soft and mixture is thickened.  You should be
able to run your finger down the back of a wooden spoon to make a line.  Add
vanilla and sprinkle with nutmeg to taste.

Note: Whole milk is needed to make the pudding creamy when it combines with
the starch of the rice. It takes about ½ hour to make it.  You must stir the
pot  often while waiting for it to boil because the mixture can boil over if
unattended. We won’t say how I know this!! Once on simmer you can stir
occasionally, but the stirring will help  get the pudding to a wonderful
creamy consistency.