[CnD] grilling question

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Tue Jan 1 21:22:05 EST 2019

Yes, but for this type of grill I'd suggest a nice round flipping spatula with a fork on top. I've got one that is almost circular, but with the front edge of the circle cut off and long slits in it. Seek one of these, as the little spatula that comes with most of these won't do the job. And remember, the fork only touches food, not the surface, as that can damage the non-stick coating faster than anyone thinks.
Practice this. Go to a toy store and get some plastic representations of food, or get a woodworking friend to cut you out some basic shapes of the things you grill, like pork chops, chicken, steaks, burgers, etc. Practice taking these off the grill with your spatula and the fork to provide extra gripping and steadying. Once you've gotten good enough at this to feel confident move to real food and you should be fine with it.