[CnD] CP Honey-Lime Chicken Soft Tacos

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 7 21:53:33 EST 2019

CP Honey-Lime Chicken Soft Tacos

Let's talk Chicken.

Chicken is a household staple for many families, and it's pretty much
written in a law somewhere that you can never have too many chicken recipes.

SO, here's another one!

Honey-Lime Chicken Soft Tacos

serves 8ish

3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips

1/3 cup honey

2 limes, juiced

3 garlic cloves, minced

2 teaspoons chili powder

1 (14-ounce) can green enchilada sauce (naturally gluten free, but
double-check ingredient listing)

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (to add later)

corn tortillas for serving

suggested toppings: shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese, sour cream,
sliced olives

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the chicken into the insert.

Add the honey, lime juice, garlic, and chili powder.

Stir in the enchilada sauce (verde sauce). Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 7
hours.

Shred the meat completely using two forks, and stir in the heavy cream.

Spoon with a slotted spoon into warm corn tortillas and top with your
desired fixens'.

The Verdict.

I think you'll really love how the honey and enchilada sauce marry for a
twangy sauce that is balanced beautifully with the cream.

The filling freezes and reheats nicely.

Shredding chicken breast before serving really helps the texture -- since
chicken breast has super little fat or oil, you want the chicken to have the
opportunity to soak up all the juices in the pot.

Enjoy!!

xoxo steph

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar