[CnD] Toffee Squares

Penny Reeder penny.reeder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:48:46 EST 2019

I have been making these cookies (from Marion Burrows’ Elegant but Easy) for decades. They have been quick. Desserts, birthday party school treats from kindergarten through middle school for each of our 6 children
, bake sale contributions, and care package inclusions! Use unsalted butter, never margerine! Line the baking pan with parchment to make cutting easier, and simply melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in the microwave while the shortbread layer bakes — skipping the German sweet chocolate! You can toast sliced almonds or other nuts in a glass pie plate for 2 or 3 minutes on high power in a microwave to punch up their flavor before sprinkling on top, if you like.  Enjoy!
Sent from my iPhone