[CnD] SKILLET SHEPHERD'S PIE

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 9 14:48:15 EST 2019

SKILLET SHEPHERD'S PIE

This is the best shepherd's pie I've ever tasted. It's very quick to make,
and I usually have most-if not all-of the ingredients already on hand.
-Tirzah Sandt, San Diego, California

Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

YIELD: 6 servings.

1 pound ground beef

1 cup chopped onion

2 cups frozen corn, thawed

2 cups frozen peas, thawed

2 tablespoons ketchup

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

2 teaspoons minced garlic

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules

1/2 cup cold water

1/2 cup sour cream

3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce
and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 5 minutes.

Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into
beef mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes
or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).

Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook
until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted.

Freeze option: Prepare beef mixture as directed but do not add sour cream.
Freeze cooled meat mixture in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in
refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a large skillet, stirring
occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Stir in sour cream and
proceed as directed.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar