[CnD] ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CAKE & FROSTING

Brink-Chaney, Marcie A MBrink-C at dmc.org
Tue Feb 26 08:45:01 EST 2019

I'm sure it is baking soda and it is used for making the cake rise (leavening).  In a lot of recipes, a chemical agent such as vinegar or in this case, sour cream is combined with the baking soda to make the cake rise when it bakes.  I'm not sure if you would want to leave it out.  You do have baking powder in the recipe to achieve the same result.  I've seen other recipes that use both baking soda and baking powder together.

Marcie Brink-Chaney CVRT CATIS
Visually Impaired Services
University Health Center
Detroit Receiving Hospital