[CnD] CP Vegetarian Creamy White Bean & Apple Chili

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 28 18:13:08 EST 2019

CP Vegetarian Creamy White Bean & Apple Chili

This is a fantastic vegetarian main dish that is creamy and delicious and
since the apples disappear you can totally stump your guests with a Trivia
Contest of "guess the secret ingredient" ---

Creamy White Bean & Apple Chili

serves 4 to 6

2 (15-ounce) cans of white beans, drained and rinsed (I used white kidneys)

1 onion, peeled and chopped

2 apples, cut in tiny chunks, no need to peel (any variety; I used Golden
Delicious)

3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic

3 tablespoons butter. Yes, butter.

2 teaspoons chili powder

1/2 teaspoon ground thyme

1 teaspoon cumin

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

3 cups chicken broth (unless you are vegetarian. then you should use
vegetable broth. because the chicken would be wrong.)

1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt

1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)

The Directions.

Use a 4 or 6-quart slow cooker

Put the butter into the bottom of your crockpot.

Dump in the drained and rinsed beans.

Chop up the onion and the apple.

Add the spices, and pour in the broth. Stir in the yogurt.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4-5.

This is done when the onion has reached desired tenderness and the flavors
have melded.

Stir in the cheddar cheese before serving.

The Verdict.

This is a good meal. The chili is quite mild---you might want to sprinkle
some Tobasco on top, or add more chili powder if you want a kick.

This was mild enough for the kids to eat.

I was pleased with both the tang and the creamy consistency the non fat
yogurt provided. It didn't separate, and added a nice level of creaminess.

The apples sort of disappear but blend with the rest of the ingredients to
make a creamy sweetish chili that is simply yummy and delicious!!

enjoy!!

Happy Slow Cooking!!

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content."

-Philippians 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar