[CnD] diabetic cinnamon apples

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 5 13:59:46 EST 2019

diabetic cinnamon apples

https://www.diabetesfoodhub.org/recipes/baked-cinnamon-stuffed-apples.html

Fruit dishes like these Baked Cinnamon Stuffed Apples can make a wonderful,
healthy dessert. The smell of these apples baking in the oven will have your
mouth watering.

   Prep time10 min

  Cook time30 min

  Servings8 Servings

  Serving size: 1/2 apple

Nutrition Facts

Amount per serving-Calories, 145

Total Fat 5g Trans Fat 1g

Cholesterol 0mg

Sodium 25mg

Total Carbohydrate 26g

Dietary Fiber 3g

Protein 1g

Ingredients

US  Metric

4 large McIntosh or Golden Delicious Apples (cored

1/2 cup lemon (juiced)

6 Teaspoon SplendaR Brown Sugar Blend

1/4 Cup oatmeal

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 teaspoon margarine (trans-fat-free)

*Sugar's note: I use butter.

1/4 cup pecans (finely chopped)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Drizzle lemon juice over apples.

3. In a small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Stuff each apple
with approximately 1/4 cup oat mixture.

4. Place apples in an oven safe baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar