[CnD] Egg and Avocado Toasts

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 12 14:40:34 EDT 2019

Egg and Avocado Toasts

www.diabetegourmet.com <http://www.diabetegourmet.com>

Breakfast Budget Friendly Dinner Lunch Vegetarian High in Fiber Comfort Food
Mexican/Southwestern

Serve these low-cost egg toasts with a green salad tossed in a light
balsamic vinaigrette for a balanced breakfast of protein, veggies, and
healthy fats from the avocado.

   Prep time15 min

  Servings4 Servings

  Serving size: 1 toast

Nutrition Facts

4 Servings

Serving Size: 1 toast

Amount per serving

Calories, 240

Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 3g

Cholesterol 185mg

Sodium 230mg

Total Carbohydrate 25g Dietary Fiber 9g

Total Sugars 4g

Protein 12g

Potassium 330mg

Ingredients

US Metric

4 eggs

4 slice hearty whole grain bread

1 smashed avocado

1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)

1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper

1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (non-fat)

*Sugar's Note: I  use Ms. Dash seasonings instead of both salt and pepper

Directions

1. To poach each egg, fill a 1-cup microwaveable bowl or teacup with 1/2 cup
water.

Gently crack an egg into the water, making sure it's completely submerged.

Cover with a saucer and microwave on high for about 1 minute, or until the
white is set and the yolk is starting to set but still soft (not runny).

2. Toast the bread and spread each piece with 1/4 of the mashed avocado.

3. Sprinkle avocado with the salt (optional) and pepper.

Top each piece with a poached egg.

Top the egg with 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt.

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar