[CnD] Raspberry Pie

Lisa Belville lisab12 at frontier.com
Mon Mar 18 12:26:40 EDT 2019

Hi, all.

I haven't made this yet, but I will soon. The only change I'll make is
using a store bought Oreo crust.  I don't have a food processor and the
last time I tried mashing Oreos in a plastic bag was a disaster.  LOL

The Sweeter Side of the Ranch: Ree Drummond's Best Dessert Recipes
article at
https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/the-pioneer-woman/the-sweeter-side-of-the-ranch-ree-drummonds-best-dessert-recipes

Level: Easy
Total: 2 hr 45 min(includes cooling, standing and freezing times)
Active: 15 min
Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:
25 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, plus chocolate sandwich
cookie crumbs, for serving
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 generous cup raspberries, plus more for serving
3 tablespoons sugar
Two 6-ounce containers raspberry yogurt
One 3.4-ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup heavy cream
Whipped cream, for serving

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make the crust, crush the cookies in a food processor (or smash in
a ziptop bag with a rolling pin). Stir in the melted butter until
combined. Pour into a regular pie pan and press the crumbs all over the
pan and up the sides. Bake just long enough for it to set, 3 to 4
minutes. Let cool completely.
3. Put the raspberries on a plate or in an empty pan. Smash them with a
fork, then sprinkle on the sugar. Stir together and allow to sit for 15
minutes.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the raspberry yogurt with
the instant vanilla pudding mix (just the powder itself). Beat on low
until combined, about 1 minute. Pour in the heavy cream and whip on low
for 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber
spatula. Turn the mixer on medium-high speed and beat until thick, about
2 minutes.
5. Turn off the mixer, then fold in the raspberries until just combined.
Pour into the cooled crust and spread evenly. Freeze until very firm,
about 2 hours. Cut into slices and top each slice with cookie crumbs,
dollops of whipped cream and extra raspberries.