[CnD] CRAZY CAKE (AUNT ELLIES'S)

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Mar 20 10:03:00 EDT 2019

A funnel pan is a pan with a tube in its center that's vertical.  When
batter goes into the pan, it's poured around the tube.  When the cake is
done, where the tube was you have a hole through the center of the cake.
 That hole can then be filled with various fillings depending on the
recipe.  I know about this since I once felt a funnel pan.  The outer
edge of the pan if memory is correct is scalloped.  Those pans may have
tops since I once ate funnel cake from one of them that had a pleated
pattern extending from the top of the cake down the side.  That was
excellent cake too.