[CnD] Advice please!

Brink-Chaney, Marcie A MBrink-C at dmc.org
Wed Apr 10 11:35:35 EDT 2019

Hi Kerryann ,

fresh theme fresh thyme?
Echelots shallots,?
Rochester sauce worcestershire sauce?
freshly squeezed (what)?

Marcie Brink-Chaney CVRT CATIS
Visually Impaired Services
University Health Center
Detroit Receiving Hospital
Detroit Medical Center
Address:  4201 St. Antoine
Detroit MI 48201
Phone:  (313)745-4131
Email:  mbrink-c at dmc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerryann Ifill via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark at acbradio.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:15 AM
To: cookinginthedark at acbradio.org
Cc: Kerryann Ifill
Subject: Re: [CnD] Advice please!

In the past, it used to be home made and unique to every house wife.  Now of course its boiled and sold. The usual ingredients are fresh theme, marjoram, Echelots (chives to you), parsley onions, celery, garlic, sweet pepper, black pepper, white pepper, fresh red peppers,. Some people blend it with a bit of cooking oil, others use Rochester sauce. Oh I forgot salt.
Usually, you cut slits in your meat - poultry, pro, red meat etc, or you just put a bit of it in your sauces, soups and stews. Many people allow their meat to marinate in it for a while; usually overnightif its poultry that process comes after we marinate our meat in freshly squeezed and salt sometimes garlic or vinegar as well.

Ok that’s more than you asked, but I love to share.

Kerry