[CnD] Freezing meat

Nicole Massey nyyki at gypsyheir.com
Fri Apr 19 13:45:43 EDT 2019

Assuming you're a Braille reader, things you buy a lot, like particular cuts of meat or sausages, probably could use more permanent labels that can handle some wear and tear. Cut them out of a plastic milk jug and mark them with the basics like GS for ground sirloin or PL for pork loin. If you want to get a bit more systematic about it you can designate the first letter as the meat type and the second and any additional ones as cut, so CB would be chicken breast, BR would be beef ribeye, and BSG would be beef sirloin, ground. Make sure to document your codes, both written and in Braille in a chart on the front of the freezer.