[CnD] CP Apricot Chicken

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 7 11:39:29 EDT 2019

CP Apricot Chicken

Hello there, Slow Cookerers!!

Dinner time shouldn't be a battle.

This chicken will make everyone in your house happy --- from skeptical toddler to back-talking teenager --

make it. serve it.

and when they eat it, shoot me a thank you email.

👍👍

Apricot Chicken

serves 4

6 chicken thighs or equivalent body parts (approx 2 to 3 pounds)

1 (11 ounce) jar of apricot preserves

1 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes

1 tablespoon dijon mustard

1 tablespoon soy sauce (La Choy and Tamari wheat free are gluten free)

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)

The Directions.

Use a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker. Place the meat into your slow cooker -- I used frozen tenderloins this time but have successfully done this dish with thighs, breast halves, and even with pork chops.

It's a yummy sauce!!

In a small mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients to make a sauce and then pour it evenly over the top of the chicken.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4-6--if your chicken isn't frozen, your dinner will cook faster.

serve with white or brown rice and veggies.

The Verdict.

Kid tested, every-single-person-in-the-house approved.

happy slow cooking!

steph

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar