[CnD] CP Albondiga Soup

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 22 13:37:37 EDT 2019

CP Albondiga Soup

Hello there, Slow Cookerers!!!

I hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Did anyone slow cook anything fun over the weekend? Want something new?

I've got a fun meatball soup recipe for you today which will give you major
bragging rights when you proclaim (a little too loudly, because you are
obviously quite proud of yourself) in your work lunch room:

"oh this? this amazing soup that I'm eating? No big deal -- it's Albondigas"

Albondigas

serves 6

4 cups chicken broth

3/4 cup baby tomatoes, quartered

1 cup baby carrots, diced

3 stalks celery, diced

1/2 cup frozen corn

1/4 cup prepared pasta sauce

1/2 teaspoon dried mint

15 to 18 frozen meatballs, Italian or similar flavored (The Coleman Natural
say gluten free right on the label)

1 cup frozen peas (if you stir them in 20 min before serving, they will
retain their color. I did not do that, and my peas looked canned. I wish I
had waited and stirred them in at the end.)

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart slow cooker.

Put the broth, vegetables, pasta sauce, and mint into your slow cooker.

Stir in frozen meatballs.

Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. The seasoning from the meatballs is
what is going to flavor your soup.

The longer and slower you cook the soup, the more flavor the broth will
have. Stir in frozen peas 20 minutes or so before serving.

Garnish with a bit of shredded Parmesan cheese.

The Verdict.

Adam and I really liked this soup. I was intrigued by the mint, which is
what caused me to bookmark this soup to try so long ago.

The touch of mint is what really differentiates Albondigas (means
"meatballs") Soup from other soups and provides a unique flavor.

I was happily surprised by the subtle mint flavor, and how it provided a
cooling sensation on my tongue.

I wanted a bit of heat, and added some Tabasco to my bowl.

Adam ate it as-is, and the kids drank the broth and ate the veggies---no
meatballs for them (yet they eat them plain with ketchup all the time...?).

Let me know when you give it a try!

Steph of crockpot cooking

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar