[CnD] looking for a particular talking meat thermometer

Brink-Chaney, Marcie A MBrink-C at dmc.org
Thu May 30 14:40:19 EDT 2019

Hi Dena,

My husband and I have a talking cooking thermometer with a stainless steel probe that I think we got from ILA or Blind Mice Mart and it has a temperature range from below zero f. to (I think) 500 f. and you place it in the food to be checked.  I am sure it can tell you the temperature when making candy. When it was described in the catalog, a suggestion was made that you could check the water temperature for bathing to prevent scalds and you could place it in the freezer to check if the temperature was cold enough to keep your frozen food frozen and safe.

Marcie Brink-Chaney CVRT CATIS
Visually Impaired Services
University Health Center
Detroit Receiving Hospital