[CnD] CP Clean out the Pantry/Fridge Minestrone Soup

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 2 17:52:04 EDT 2019

CP Clean out the Pantry/Fridge Minestrone Soup

Happy Friday Eve, Slow Cookerers!!

In many households, there is a "clean out the fridge" or Leftover Night.

I like to repurpose my leftovers into something totally new so the kids (and my husband!) don't really realize they are eating leftovers.

I'm a crafty one, I'll tell you!!

😉

Clean out the Pantry/Fridge Minestrone Soup

serves 4 to 6

4 cups chicken broth (canned or "fresh")

2 cans of whatever kind of beans you like (drained)

1 can tomatoes (and juice)

1 can corn (and juice)

2 cups vegetables (I had leftover roasted broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and asparagus)

1 to 2 cups leftover meat (optional)

--salt and pepper to taste

The Directions.

Drain and rinse beans; add to crock.

Add the juice and vegetables from the corn and tomato cans.

If you have meat that you'd like to use, toss that in.

Cover with chicken broth.

Unless you are vegetarian. Then I would imagine you'd not want to use chicken broth and opt for vegetable stock.

Also you won't want to throw in any leftover meat because you wouldn't have leftover meat.

Stir.

--Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.

The seasoning here comes from the leftover meat and vegetables and will probably need to be "oopmphed" up adding salt and pepper to taste.

The Verdict.

The beauty of "garbage soup" is that it really reupurposes your leftovers however you see fit. This is such a fantastic way to use up the odds and ends of the tupperwares that accumulate in your fridge throughout the week.

I also have readers who save the bits and ends of pot roasts, turkey, etc in the freezer in a bag and then use that to make soup once the bag is full.

Enjoy!

enjoy!! happy slow cooking!!!

steph

"I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers."

Hellen Keller

Blessings, Sugar