[CnD] Home Fried Potatoes Recipe

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sun Aug 11 16:21:26 EDT 2019

Probably potatoes are best fried in a pan that has a good lid available.
So you get one side fried.
Place the lid on the pan and get your oven mits on for the next action.
Pick the pan up off the burner and move it over counter space away from
the stove.
Now hold the lid on real tight and flip the pan and lid so the lid is on
the bottom.
Put everything on the counter so the lid does not fall over.  You may
need a couple plates so a handle on the lid can fit between.
Next lift the pan off and put it back on the burner.  Then get the
potatoes already flipped into the lid and gently slide each back into
the pan making sure the crisp sides are face up.

Alternatively leave everything in the pan and start flipping with
spatula and feel the tops of whatever gets flipped.  It's possible to
miss some that way but that's the normal way to handle this job.