[CnD] Pasta Fagioli

Anna Dimovitz nippercat1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 14 07:18:48 EDT 2019

Hi everyone! I thought I would send another Pasta Fagioli  recipe, which is meatless.

Ingredients

3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

1 medium onion, diced
2 stalks  celery, diced

2 cloves garlic, peeled, left whole

1/2 cup marinara sauce

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste
7 1/2 cups water

1 1/2 cups Ditalini pasta, or any short cut pasta

4 or 5  fresh basil leaves

Directions

1.   In  a large soup pot over medium heat,  sauté onions and celery in olive oil until veggies are soft and translucent, not browned; about five minutes.

2.  Add garlic and beans and give it a nice stir. Add the water and tomato sauce; cover and turn heat up to medium-high;  cook for 45 minutes.

3.   After the 45  minutes uncover, season well with salt and pepper; add the pasta and cook uncovered until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.

4.   Once the pasta is cooked, turn off heat and add a few fresh leaves of basil and serve up!

5.  I do think it’s absolutely necessary to have a large chunk of crusty Italian bread  to dip in this amazingly delicious soup.   Do not even think of  eating this with crackers;  it Hass to be crusty Italian bread, “it’s the law“! This recipe is taken from Laura in the kitchen
You can also see her recipes on YouTube.