[CnD] Pasta Fagioli
nippercat1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 14 07:18:48 EDT 2019
Hi everyone! I thought I would send another Pasta Fagioli recipe, which is meatless.
3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled, left whole
1/2 cup marinara sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
7 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups Ditalini pasta, or any short cut pasta
4 or 5 fresh basil leaves
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until veggies are soft and translucent, not browned; about five minutes.
2. Add garlic and beans and give it a nice stir. Add the water and tomato sauce; cover and turn heat up to medium-high; cook for 45 minutes.
3. After the 45 minutes uncover, season well with salt and pepper; add the pasta and cook uncovered until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, turn off heat and add a few fresh leaves of basil and serve up!
5. I do think it’s absolutely necessary to have a large chunk of crusty Italian bread to dip in this amazingly delicious soup. Do not even think of eating this with crackers; it Hass to be crusty Italian bread, “it’s the law“! This recipe is taken from Laura in the kitchen
You can also see her recipes on YouTube.
More information about the Cookinginthedark