[CnD] Mangoes with Cream

Sugar Lopez sugarsyl71 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 20 22:42:10 EDT 2019

Mangoes with Cream
1 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 (1/2-inch) cinnamon stick
3 mangoes, peeled, thickly sliced lengthwise
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup rum
Put water, half the sugar and cinnamon stick into a heavy saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, stirring
occasionally or until syrup thickens. Add mango slices to syrup and
simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until barely tender. Remove cinnamon stick and
add vanilla extract. Transfer to a serving dish and let cool. Cover and
refrigerate until chilled.
Whip together cream and remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in
rum. Serve in a separate bowl to accompany mangoes, or arrange mangoes
in pinwheel-fashion on individual serving plates, pipe whipped cream
into center and garnish with a mint sprig.
Makes 6 servings.

"I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers."

Hellen Keller

😉

Sugar