[CnD] Cutting mango [OU]

pamelafairchild at comcast.net pamelafairchild at comcast.net
Thu Aug 22 16:12:56 EDT 2019

Speaking of mangos and other fruits, does anybody have a chart to share that tells how we know when a fruit is ripe and at its prime? Also, which ones continue to ripen after picking and which must be fully ripe when they are placed in the store?  I know that strawberries don't change their ripeness after being picked. If picked too early they will never be right.
Bananas get riper from the time they are picked until they spoil
Avocados are like bananas and continue to ripen after picking.
Cantaloupe is also in this class and continues to ripen. I don't really know about the rest but it would be handy to learn.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairchild at comcast.net>