[CnD] for those of us who eat hash and other key can opening items

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Sep 5 11:47:57 EDT 2019

What happens when the key breaks?
Easy, you pull out your standard hand operated can opener and open the can
anyway.  Here's the trick to that though and this morning I used it on one
of those of cans of corned beef hash that isn't round.  With the handles
pointing left, the lever you turn will be right in front of you.  Normally
you would turn that lever clockwise, don't do that.  Turn that lever
counter-clockwise and the opener will open the can for you.  Turning it
clockwise is an excellent recipe for frustration.  My key broke this
morning so I had to figure this out, and the other hash eaters out there
ought to like this tip too so here it is for all of you.  Something you
don't learn in rehab.