[Friends] FHear and There Audio Magazine on ACB Radio this week Prehistoric pottery, how it was made

Dave Ühlman duhlman at msn.com
Tue Dec 7 03:40:08 GMT 2010

H&T is broadcast Monday at 11pm est and  Tuesday in the mornings at 2, 5, 8, 11am and in the afternoon at 2, 5, 8 eastern on ACB Radio Mainstream.  Full episode broadcast times below, Can't wait, want to listen now? Click on this link to listen http://duhlman.podbean.com/

Prehistoric Pottery  Part 3, Midwest USA

In part 3 I interview Thomas Grooms about his hobby of making replica prehistoric pottery of the Fort Ancient Culture. We talk about The complicated process of fireing the pots with a campfire.   Controling the heat is the  trickiest part.  When you sit by a campfire where do you sit?  With the wind to your back, so it blows the smoke away?  Think how the heat changes from one side to the other.  That uneven difference is bad for the fireing process.

The Fort Ancient people lived in what is now the states of Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virgina in the USA. Thomas is an archeologist for the state of Ohio.  He studies how pottery was made before European contact from 1,000 BC to 1,700 AD.  This is part 3 of a 3 part series.

Broadcast times below or Click on this link to see times and a link to listen on ACB Radio. http://hearandthere.net/Schedule.aspx
Eastern Time US
Monday 11:00 P.M
Tuesday, 2:00 A.M
Tuesday, 5:00 A.M
Tuesday, 8:00 A.M
Tuesday, 11:00 A.M
Tuesday, 2:00 P.M
Tuesday, 5:00 P.M
Tuesday, 8:00 P.M

click this link to go to the schedule.  Then find the ACB link to listen live! http://hearandthere.net/Schedule.aspx

Hear and there Audio Magazine,
Hear what we are talking about, and you will feel like you are there!
Dave Ühlman
website  http://hearandthere.net/default.aspx