[Friends] announcing a new show on ACB Radio Mainstream

Larry Turnbull kc8phj at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 1 18:34:54 GMT 2011

Hello everybody!
It gives me great pleasure to announce a new program coming to ACB Radio
mainstream.

The program is entitled the Student Connection.

It will be hosted by Chase Crispin who is also a very valuable member of
the main menu team.

The show will air each Tuesday evening starting at 8:00 P.M eastern time
and will replay every four hours through out the day on Wednesday.

A new show will come out once a month but I want this show to get as
much air time as possible due to the content that will be presented here.

Please see Chase's message below for a full description of what the
Student Connection is about.

Chase, I am very proud to have you as a member of the ACB Radio team and
I know this show will be very valuable to students, their parents and
anybody else involved in the student community.

Please spread the word!

Larry

Hi All,
For those of you who do not know me, I am Chase Crispin.  I am a blind
student, going into high school.  Most of you have probably heard me on
another ACB Radio Mainstream show, Main Menu, where I often contribute.
I am pleased to announce that I will soon be bringing you a new show to
ACB Radio Mainstream.  The show will be called the Student Connection,
and it will focus on issues and challenges facing students who are blind
or visually impaired.  Even if you are no longer a student, you are more
than welcome to listen and send in your feedback about your experiences
when you were in school.  Each month I will have a specific topic to
talk about, but if you send in feedback I will hold onto it until the
appropriate time.  This show will not succeed without interaction.  Even
though this show will not be live, feedback will still be very
important.  I will say at the end of the show what the next month's
topic will be, so you can start sending in your comments, questions,
thoughts, stories, etc, to me.  Again, this is very important, and the
show will not succeed without your interaction with me.
Please stay tuned to this list for when the show will start and the ways
you will be able to contact me.  The first show will air soon, so start
thinking about things you would like to hear about and things you would
like to share for the first and future Student Connection shows.
The Student Connection will be prerecorded, meaning it will not be
live.  It will be one hour in length and a new show will air once per
month.  Again, please stay tuned for the first topic, ways to contact
me, and most important, the show time.
I am very glad to be part of the fantastic ACB Radio team, and to bring
you this show.  I look forward to broadcasting, to sharing information,
and most especially, to get to know some of you through what you share
with me for the show.
If you happen to know any students who would be interested in such a
show, please forward this message to them, and let them know that I
would love to hear there thoughts, comments, and stories, and would love
for them to tune in to the Student Connection.  Also, if this message
would be appropriate for any other mailing list that you are on, please
feel free to pass this along to that list or anyone else who you think
this new show would help.
Finally, I would like to publicly thank ACB Radio managing director,
Larry Turnbull, for his help and support in getting this show to air.
I look forward to airing the first show, and to hearing from you on the
Student Connection, heard right here on ACB Radio Mainstream, the talk
of the blind community!
Please feel free to reply to this message with any questions or comments
you may have.
Sincerely,
Chase Crispin