[Friends] straw pole regarding difficult captchas

Penny Reeder penny.reeder at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:30:16 GMT 2011

Hi Donna,  I hate them all!

Even the so-called "accessible capchas" from folks like Google.

I'm attaching a column I wrote for Abledbody.org on that topic.

I especially hate the capchas that are required whenever I want to
subscribe to an e-mail newsletter, such as those available from Epicurious!

And, while I'm on my soap box, I am totally annoyed by the e-mail ads
I receive from companies I like to purchase products from that are
just inaccessible pictures of a sale ad, which, of course, my screen
reader can't access.  J-Jill and Cooking.com are two companies who
frequently send me e-mailed coupons and ads that I cannot access!  (I
know it's a different topic, but I wish the committee could tackle
this issue as well!)

Thanks, and the link to the column is:

http://abledbody.com/profoundlyyours/2010/06/22/3007/At 02:02 PM