[Friends] We Feature Great Solos this jWeek

Christopher Gray chris at moblind.org
Sat Apr 12 17:56:31 EDT 2014

Hello to All:

This week, we present another studio recording of Journey into Jazz with your
ACB Radio Jazz Guys, Chris and Don.  Chris has been moving to a new house and
still doesn't have a desk or computer set up.  Also, he will be at the Lake of
the Ozarks at showtime, so couldn't do a live show this week, anyway.  We are
hoping against hope to have a live broadcast for you next week.

This week, then, is a studio broadcast, and one you are sure to enjoy.  We
feature notable solos by artists from the 20s through the 70s.  From Louis
Armstrong to Paul Desmond, from Bix Beiderbecke to John Coltrane, we'ave got a
variety of notable performances by great jazz musicians.  There is sure to be
much you will enjoy here from both the musicians and their backup bands.

You can hear Journey into Jazz at 6:00 P.M. Eastern, 3:00 P.M. Pacific by going
to ACB Radio Interactive, http://www.acbradio.org/interactive, and choosing to
Play and designating your player of choice.  We hope to see you there.

All the best,

Chris and Don

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone:     (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax:       (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz?  Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the ACB Radio Jazz Guys, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Monday at 6:00 P.M. Eastern, 3:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to acbradio.org/interactive and clicking the Listen link.
Can't listen live? go to jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts! Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.
Don't have a computer?  You can now listen to ACB Radio on the phone by calling (231) 460-1047.