[Friends] This week on Main Menu for May 27, 2016

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:15:16 CEST 2016

Hello everyone!

We are excited because on this week’s show, we reveal another great choice in TV entertainment. We speak with guests Peter Korn, Accessibility Architect, and Mark Mulcahy, Developer on the VoiceView Team, at Amazon. We first hear a brief account of how the VoiceView screen reader came to be followed by what we felt was a pretty exciting announcement and demonstration — VoiceView on the Amazon Fire TV <http://www.amazon.com/firetv>.

Next up, Jenine Stanley brings us a terrific demonstration of Capti Narrator <http://www.captivoice.com/> for iOS in our series called App Olympics.

Stay tuned to next week’s show, as we will continue in our conversation with Peter and Mark as they demonstrate VoiceView on the Fire Tablet and the Kindle e-Reader.

Main Menu airs every Friday evening at 9PM Eastern on ACB Radio Mainstream <http://acbradio.org/mainstream/> and repeats every four hours until 5PM the following day. Catch it on your PC, use the ACB Link iOS app <http://link.acb.org/>, or grab it as a podcast in your favorite pod-catching client. If the phone suits your fancy, that works, too. Call (605) 475-8130 at air time.

If you’d like to send us feedback, please e-mail us <mailto:mainmenu at acbradio.org> or find us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/mainmenu>.

Thanks for listening and enjoy the show!

--
Jason Castonguay <jcast77 at gmail.com>