[Friends] The Speaking Out for the Blind episodes that will fill your holiday hearts with joy

Speaking Out for the Blind speakout at acbradio.org
Wed Dec 13 22:32:13 EST 2017

Hello /Speaking Out for the Blind /listeners,

I’ll be taking a little time off from this program to spend time with my
family and friends for the holidays. I’ll be returning on January 10th.
In the meantime, enjoy some of my past and best interviews below for the
rest of December and first week of 2018.

Happy holidays everyone!

Brian McCallen

/Speaking Out for the Blind/Host and Producer

*//*

*/Tactile Stave Notation /*– Wed December 20th 10:30PM Eastern/7:30PM
Pacific (and replays every two hours throughout the next day)

I’ll be talking with blind musician Yeaji Kim, University of Wisconsin
School of Music Emeritus Professor Doctor Todd G Welbourne, and the
Department of Mechanical Engineering’s Polymer Engineering Center
Co-Director Tim Osswald. They’ll explain a new method that might change
how music is taught to the blind.

*/Jake Olson Update/*– Wednesday December 27th 10:30PM Eastern/7:30PM
Pacific (and replays every two hours throughout the next day)

Blind USC Trojans football player Jake Olson rejoins us to explain how
he launched a clean snap to get the team an extra point during a recent
game. He’ll also give us some updates on his life.

*/Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired /*– Wednesday
January 3rd 10:30PM Eastern/7:30PM Pacific (and replays every two hours
throughout the next day)

We all want to learn independent living and career skills. But what if
we’re too far away from a school or agency for the blind? The Hadley
Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired brings these resources to
you. Julie Tye, Hadley Institute for the Blind’s President, joins us to
talk about these resources.

To listen to “Speaking Out for the Blind,” go to:
http://acbradio.org/mainstream, and choose one of the links under the
headings “Listen to ACB Radio Mainstream” and “Now Playing;” or call
605-475-8130, and when prompted, press “1” for ACB Radio Mainstream. You
may also listen to the program live on the ACB Link mobile app. For more
information, go to http://link.acb.org. Show archive page is at
http://acbradio.org/speaking-out-for-the-blind. Please note that there
is a link located at the top half of the page and below the heading that
says: “Home » Speaking Out for the Blind” where you can subscribe to the
podcast feed and listen to Speaking Out for the Blind shows ranging from
episode ninety-four to the present. Facebook page is at Speaking Out for
the Blind and Twitter page is at SpeakOutBlind (You may also access this
at SpeakingOutfortheBlind). My new show email address is:
speakout at acbradio.org <mailto:speakout at acbradio.org>.

For more info related to this month’s shows, go to:
https://speakingoutfortheblind.weebly.com/list-of-episodes-and-show-news/for-more-information-episode-rebroadcasts-december-20th-through-january-3rd