[Mm-friends] What would you like to see in 2011?

Jamie Pauls jamiepauls at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 27 17:57:40 GMT 2010

Greetings all:

As I ponder how Main Menu should look in the coming year, it occurs to me
that you all should help me decide. The way I see it, if you are subscribed
to this list then you probably are a regular or at least semiregular
listener to the show, and your input is most valuable. One thing I would
like to focus on over the next year are some demos that fit into a 50-minute
format. This means that we would not be able to cover a subject in depth,
but we could certainly give people a jump-start with regards to using a
product. There is a lot of content on the Internet in the way of podcasts
and the like, but many times a person must listen to hours and hours of
content to glean the information they are looking for. Think with me if you
will about podcasts where the presenter is obviously discovering new things
about the product being reviewed as the podcast is being recorded. This is
not a bad thing in the context of a podcast, but not desireable for radio.
Material will be covered systematically and research will be done
beforehand.

I would like for much more content to be exclusive to Main Menu next year.
That doesn't mean that we won't rebroadcast really top-quality podcasts; we
would be crazy not to, but we will certainly focus more on material produced
exclusively for Main Menu.

What I need from you on this list are ideas of software, hardware, etc. that
either has not been covered at all or has not been covered properly in your
opinion. Also, any how-to suggestions would be in order e.g. how do I set up
an email account on my iPhone.

We will certainly cover breaking news and continue interviewing influential
people in the assistive technology field, and we will broadcast interviews
from ACB conventions; all the things you have come to expect, but I really
would like to focus on these bite-size demos for the coming year.

I plan to write down and organize ideas that come from this list. Nothing is
too crazy to throw out, and discussion among list members is welcome.

With that said, let the discussion begin!