[Mm-friends] What would you like to see in 2011?

Don donter at verizon.net
Tue Dec 28 03:37:52 GMT 2010

Hello All,

One of the issues which seems to be lacking for specific and simple
instructional material, despite the amount of hype and discussion, is
information on how to perform specific tasks on the Mac.
Perhaps every two months, there could be a 20-minute session on doing a
specific task, such as creating, editing and saving a document, writing,
editing and sending an email, buying something from amazon.com, etc.  Very
specific; very focused; very high-powered and very very informative.
You could even have a session on basic operating system actions such as:
finding applications and documents, launching applications and files,
copying renaming and deleting applications and files, etc.  Again, not lots
of hand-holding, but chock full of information.  Novices would have to
listen to these sessions a few times to get everything; expert computer
users would perhaps have to listen less, but these information tutorials
would allow those who want to go the Mac route and haven't yet done so, to
make it happen.

Don