[Mm-friends] using audible.com

Mary Emerson maryemerson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 28 02:31:48 GMT 2011

Hi,

You don't have to do much with Audible Manager. It's supposed to
automatically start when you download a book from your online library. I
use a braille display with it though, which helps me figure out if
something is actually downloading, so I can't tell you how to use it
with speech. And yes, I use Windows 7 with audible.com, but have used XP
with it too. It functions pretty much the same in both operating systems.

There are settings you can adjust in audible manager; you can turn on
the sounds, which tell you when the program is loaded, when a book has
finished downloading, and when you exit the download manager after
you've finished downloading. You can also tell it where to put your
downloaded files.

I think I've said enough to get you started. Just go for it and learn as
you go.

Mary