[Mm-friends] interested in doing a podcast for Main Menu onusingSkype and/or Facebook Mobile with JAWS

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 03:20:07 GMT 2011

Hi Chase,

Actually, I'm interesting in doing these podcasts, as in
recording them.  Here's the way I have the Skype podcast set up
as of now:

It will be a three-part series.  Part One will be the JAWS
Scripts for Skype: how to obtain them,
making and answering calls, texting in Skype, and managing your
profile and settings.  Part 2 will feature Skype Talking, a
plug-in which you can download that works with Skype's API code
to give you Skype alerts whenever a contact calls you, texts you,
changes their availability status, etc, even when you're not in
the Skype window.  And the third and final part will be on using
Skype on iOS devices.  Unfortunately, although I have an iPod
Touch now, I'm still very new to VoiceOver, and don't know a lot.
So, I will actually be using what I've demonstrated in previous
parts to be in a Skype call with a friend of mine who uses an
iPod Touch with VO, and he will help us learn how to use Skype
with iOS devices.  I'll probably record this before I record the
Facebook.  I will try to convert the files into MP3 before I send
them to you, but they may have to be in WAV, depending on whether
Online Converter will work for me.  (I'm recording this on my
Victor Stream.) Thanks!

Chris

P.S.  Does anyone on this list use Skype with any screen reader
using Windows? If so, please get in touch with me, as I might
need your help with the demonstration of making and answering
calls in Part 1.

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan (President, National Federation of the Blind,
1968-1986

P.S.  The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps blind and visually impaired
youth in Maryland say "I can," by empowering them through
providing assistive technology and scholarships to camps and
conventions which help them be equal with their sighted peers.
For more information about the Foundation and to support our
work, visit us online at www.icanfoundation.info!

Sent from my BrailleNote Apex