[Mm-friends] Subjects Appropriate for List, and Not Appropriate Subjects

kelsey trevett trevk007 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:56:07 GMT 2012

Hi David,
Yes, I totally agree.
Cheers,
Kelsey

Appropriate Subjects

>Greetings Folks,

>May I remind you that this mailinglist is for discussion of
mainmenu coverage and technology or assistive technology
subjects.  We try to be as open as possible to discussions in
these areas.  But, attempts to suggest that there bias in our
programming based on some sort of consumer group differences.
And, wording messages in such a way to imply such will not go
without reply.  If one wants coverage of any technology subject
they are welcome to make a request that it be covered is fine,
but not when you imply off the top that MainMenu is biased
against presentation of technology from another consumer group.

>Strangely the people making these suggestions appear to mot be
aware that MainMenu has covered and reviewed  the NFB Newsline
App for iPhone and at least twice they covered KNFB Reader.  I
believe that Blio was also covered on MainMenu.

>Thus, any further implication of bias will be met with that
person being removed from this list for a purposful attempt to
cause problems on this list.

>In saying this I would also like to inform the list that a number
of messages were sent directly to this mailinglist from NFB email
addresses in  the last 3 days.  None of these messages were from
people who are members of this mailinglist, so they were rejected
by our mailinglist software because the sender was not a member
of this list.